Web Applications Developer
Backend development of and support for websites and other applications that digitally deliver content and include other electronic components, with a high degree of usability; coordination and project management of digital projects with outside vendors. Key qualities are creative thinking, flexibility, teamwork, positive attitude, excellent communication, and a willingness to learn and try new things.
Specific operating responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Create websites and other applications in collaboration with customers, designer, database administrator, IT administrator, and a cross departmental team with a focus on usability.
- Perform usability tests on all digital projects and develop or make refinements to products based on usability results.
- Work within a production schedule and a budget to meet deadlines and effectively manage available resources.
- Develop, test, and document using best practices with proven security protocols in mind.
- Design and develop new solutions, refine existing code, and optimize dynamic content.
- Participate in direct user observation sessions in service of product development discovery.
- Participate in all phases of software and application discovery, development, and testing.
- Ensure red carpet customer service and tech support to customers.
- Periodically assist with help desk support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge or experience in User Centered Design
- Knowledge or desire to occasionally assist with help desk support
- SQL and stored procedure development a plus
- Mobile application development (iOS, Android) a plus
- Knowledge or experience with Adobe ColdFusion a plus
This is an on-site position at our Winona, Minnesota, location. Please send resume with cover letter.
Electronic submissions preferred
Saint Mary’s Press
702 Terrace Heights
Winona, MN 55987-1318